If you are like most people on this planet, you are not financially free.
You would not be able to stop working and still support yourself and your family from your financial resources.
Your continued ability to work to earn an income would therefore be one of your greatest assets.
- You stop earning salaries or wages,
- Your life insurance policies will not pay a claim, since you didn't die,
- Your illness
- Each year, 1 person in 8 will suffer disability
- 1/3 of all people between the ages of 30 and 64 will become disabled sometime in their lives
- At age 32, the chance of being disabled for 90 days is 6.5 times greater than the chance of death
- 75% of disabilities are caused by an illness rather than an accident
- Workers today are 3 times more likely to suffer a long-term disability than die during their working years
- The likelihood of being disabled for more